Who We are
Master And Man Books - MMB Publishing Ltd, Company Number 11020873. Our registered office is 6 Malrae, Ashley Rd, Hale, Cheshire WA15 9LZ. You can contact us via email tamara @ alanforrestsmith.com; via our Social Media channels, by Viber/WhatsApp/TEXT on: 07793069486
What kind of personal information we use
We may use a different kind of information depending on the products and services you purchase or
opt-in to use from us. This includes your full name, your business name, email, and address,
sometimes we may hold information about your business data, such as your business plan, business-related
information, for example, information about your employee performance, and business accounts.
How we collect your personal data
We collect your data:
- Directly from you, for example when you fill out a newsletter subscription form, enquiry form, or
when you make a purchase.
- Directly from you when you become our customer and our goal is to consult through your business we
may collect business-related data directly from you.
- Sometimes where you gave your consent to the third party organizations to share your data with
organizations like ours, we collect data from such third parties.
How we use your personal data
Data protection law says that we can only use personal data if we have a proper reason to do so. For example, these reasons include fulfilling a contract we have with you, when we have a legal duty, when it is in our legitimate interest or when you consent to its use. When data protection law allows us to process your personal data for our own legitimate interests, it is only allowed provided those interests do not override your own interests and/ or your fundamental rights and freedoms.
An example of where we would process your personal data for our legitimate interests would be to
fulfil the order you placed with us.
Our purposes for processing your personal data
We will only ask you for your personal data where it is necessary to fulfill the following purposes.
Where providing us with your personal data is optional, we will inform you of this. For example, if you place an order with us we must have your full name and address in order to deliver the products, but if you subscribe to our e-newsletter providing us with the full address can be optional.
Entering into and fulfilling a contract between you and us
To deliver the products and services we provide, including:
- Delivering products and services you purchased from us;
- Providing additional customer support to help you use the services and products that you either purchased or opted-in to use our promotional free products.
- To address enquiries or complaints from you to us.
For our legitimate interest
As a business organization:
Understanding how our customers use our products and services, so we can improve these.
Developing new products and services and identifying which may be of interest to you.
Where we have the relevant permissions, contacting you to make you aware of these products and services – note: we may contact you for a reasonable period after you cease your relationship with us.
Sharing information with organizations who introduce you to us under a commercial agreement – for instance, affiliates where we pay them commission;
To invite you to participate in market research and customer surveys;
To sell to
Sharing your personal data with any person to whom we may transfer, or may consider transferring any of our rights or business; and To share information with third parties for the purpose of preventing fraud and spam activity.
Other firms that we may share your data inclue data processers, our contractors or sub-contractors, for example, Paypal; Mailchimp; SquareSpace; our product fulfillment houses and other organizations that support us to deliver your products or services to you.
Retaining your personal data
We will retain your data for as long as we are obliged, under relevant legislation and regulation, or where no such rules apply, for no longer than it is necessary for our lawful purposes, and until you notify us to delete your data.
Your individual privacy rights
You have the right to object to how we process your personal data. You also have the right to see what personal data we hold about you. You can ask us to correct inaccuracies, delete or restrict personal data or ask for some of your personal data to be provided to someone else. These rights are explained in more detail below.
Requests to exercise your rights to your personal data can be made via email info @ salonpunk.com; via our Social Media channels, by Viber/WhatsApp/TEXT on: 07793069486
Your rights are:
- To be informed: You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your data and your rights. We fulfil this right by giving you this notice.
- Access to your personal data: You can request access to a copy of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw and opt-out:
- Right to object: You may object to our processing of your personal data by us, where this processing is based on our legitimate interests.
- You have the right to object to direct marketing and if you do so, we must stop these types of activities.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you.
- Erasure: This is also known as “the right to be forgotten” and this means that you can ask us to delete your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent (where applicable), or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it or otherwise using it. There are limited exceptions, for example where we need to use the information to bring or defend a legal claim.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred. This is limited to personal data you have provided with your consent or in relation to the products you have with us, and which we process by automated means, such as your account transaction data.
- Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal data we use about you where:
it is inaccurate;
you have asked for it to be erased;
you have objected to our use of it; or
where you need this for the bringing or defending of legal claims.
When you have asked us to restrict the use of your personal data we may still store your information but will not use it further without your consent, unless we need to process it:
to bring or defend legal claims;
to protect the rights and freedoms of other individuals; or
for other important public interest reasons.
We may use your data to tell you about relevant products and offers that we and selected partners think you may find interesting. We can only use your personal data to send you marketing messages if you have given your consent or it is for a legitimate interest (when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information).
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time.
If you have previously enquired for our product, we will usually contact you after six months to let you know about similar products and promotional offers. You will be given the option to let us know that you do not want your data used for direct marketing purposes. If you select this option, we will not send you any marketing material.
You can change your mind and update your choices at any time by using the “unsubscribe” or “opt out” option in any marketing communication you receive from us or by contacting us in the following ways:
via email and phone by visiting our contact page or via social media platforms.